Rent a Car at Frankfurt Airport & Find the Best Discounts
Drive around Frankfurt Airport in a Rental Car
Operated by Fraport, Frankfurt Airport is an international air hub located around 7.5miles southwest of the center of fifth largest city of Germany, Frankfurt. It is one of the busiest airports in the country, so one can expect a huge influx of passengers year round. On your trip to the city, renting a car from Frankfurt Airport itself is suggested to save big on economical car rental solutions. It has two large passenger terminals and one comparatively smaller terminal. Many significant airlines operate from this airfield. Its IATA Code is FRA. The airport terminal is well-equipped to include an array of amenities.
Amongst the many airlines operating from here, Aer Lingus, Air Berlin, Air Canada, Air China, Air India, Austrian Airlines Lufthansa, Condor, Germania and United Airlines are the eminent ones. These airlines offer connecting flights to various notable regions within the country and outside. Besides the basic terminal facilities as listed within, the other value-added facilities accessible in and around the airport are Airport City mall, The Square, Main Airport Center, Gateway Gardens. These are primarily business-oriented buildings and located within the reach of airport terminals. From outside the airport, you can acquire pre-booked car rental to travel to the city center comfortably and make the most of your visit here.
The terminal is finely structured to include essential facilities for the comfort of passengers. These are:
- The Luxx Lounge at Terminal 1 and the Sky Lounge at Terminal 2 are two exclusive areas. Other Airline Lounges are those of Air Canada & Air France, DB Lounge, Emirates Lounge, Iberia Lounge and those by Lufthansa.
- Other facilities include cash machines, children's play areas, casino, conference room, bureau de exchange, coupon wall, games & entertainment at Terminal 1, restaurants, hair dresser, laundry, medical-aid, pharmacy and free mobile charging sockets
- Pharmacy, relax zones, showers, spas, visitors' terrace, etc can also be availed. One can access free Wi-Fi at airport for an unlimited duration
- There are hotels near the airport including Hilton Garden Inn, Sheraton Hotel, Park Inn by Radisson, Steigenberger Airport Hotel, etc amongst others.
Even though you can travel at the comfort of taxi but, it is always convenient to rent a car from Frankfurt Airport so as to travel to the city center. Hiring a car-
- Provides you with a personal mode of commuting, thus eliminating the hassle of arranging a vehicle every time.
- Is cost-effective as well because long term rentals give you privilege of experiencing the best of a place at reduced prices.
- Public transport may not always be efficient enough in enhancing your reach to the least visited corners of Frankfurt.
Booking a car rental from Frankfurt Airport online in advance to your arrival here entitles you to a series of advantages.
- Diverse selection of cars from trusted local and global suppliers
- Car Types- manual or automatic, petrol or diesel, 9-seaters or compacts
- Instant booking confirmation via mail, along with documents to be carried
- Well-maintained cars available for direct pick-up and drop-off
- Deals inclusive of basic insurance at drive-away prices
- No booking, amendment or cancellation fee (24-hour before pick-up)
A Traveler’s Guide on Frankfurt
Frankfurt might be gateway to a full-fledged Europe trip for many but, the city has an inspiring identity of its own. Rich culture, history, dining and entertainment put together make up for a cherishable vacation here.
Unlike any ordinary German city, the finance capital plays host to some of the most important trade fairs in Europe. Despite it being business-oriented, it is often counted amongst the most livable and lively cities. Taking pride in its long list of green parks and museums; the city offers plenty to engage travelers. Serving air traffic to the city, the Frankfurt Airport is this region's biggest employer. So, make sure you rent a car from Frankfurt Airport in advance so that last minute hassles can be avoided.
The modern-day achievements have earned Frankfurt a respected stature on global front. However, many notable places are testimony to its regal past. Extensive commercialism may have earned it the stature for being boring. However, any enthusiastic traveler knows being here is indeed a fulfilling experience. And, the reasons are many!
- Sachsenhausen- The South Bank of Frankfurt turns into a big outdoor party during summers. All around, you can find fast-food joints, pubs, restaurants and bars playing some exceptional music in the background.
- The city is known for its artistic setup. Art exhibitions are being staged here. There exist opera, theater, ballet, a big university and well set-up publishing industry.
- There are many things here that are reminder of Old World and Senckenberg Natural History Museum is a testimony to the vastness. There also exists a huge dinosaur skeleton.
- For an enriching outdoor experience, Frankfurt Zoo can be visited to catch a glimpse of snakes, spiders, amphibians, coral, fish, etc.
- To soak up outdoors, you can take a stroll down the parks and riverbanks. There cannot be a more suitable alternative.
When to Go- The Best Season!
Frankfurt has a moderate weather throughout the year, although it may be slightly drizzly at times. Summers are usually mild here, and there may be hot days occasionally. Winters are not really very cold and there is almost no snow throughout the year. It being one of the biggest trade fair cities in Europe, the best time to visit Frankfurt is during trade shows.
Tourism in Frankfurt- The City Highlights!
- Museums- German Architecture Museum, German Film Museum, Museum of Regional Historic Art and Culture, Museum of World Cultures, Museum of Communication,
- Restaurants- Adolf Wagner, Abatros, Fleming's Club, Harvey's, Buffalo, Apfelwein Solzer, Lobster, Eckhaus, Pulse, Bitter & Zart, Siesmayer, best Worscht in Town and Pulse
- Shopping Sites- Schmaumainkai, Hertie, 58's Buy Heidt, Hanne Kley, Saturn Hansa, Bornheimer Wochenmarkt, Fanrkfurt Dippermarkt, My Zeil, and British Bookshop
- Nightlife in Frankfurt- Balalaika, Brotfabrik, Champion's Bar, Cafe Extrablatt, Gibson Club, Fox and Hound, EuroDeli, Den Frankfurter Jazzkeller, Jimmy's Bar, and Jazzlokal Mampf
On a Trip to Frankfurt - Top Tourist Attractions
On the mainland Europe, Frankfurt is one of the most significant commercial centers. Dotted with a beautiful skyline, this city has a distinct character that has rightfully earned it the nickname "Chicago on the Main".
The global city has tremendous scope for commercial activities and is frequently counted amongst the top ten cities of the World that promise excellent lifestyle. To make your trip to the city a worthwhile experience, here are a few places you must not skip. Read here to know…
The Old Town Center is one of the most picturesque squares in city. It has the busiest pedestrian zone and sets backdrop for various notable attractions.
Goethe House and Museum
The birthplace of greatest writer of Germany, Frankfurt is famous for the Goethe House. The other attractions are Goether Museum, Goethe Tower, and the Goethestrasse.
Senckenberg Gardens features on every enthusiastic traveler's bucket list. It houses the biggest collection of dinosaurs in Europe. Stuffed birds are also a highlight!
The Old Opera House
Structured in 1880s, Italian-styled Opera House is till date one of the most influential venues around city. There also exists Theatre Frankfurt.
The second oldest zoo in Germany houses 4500 animals of 450 different species. Also of interest are Exotarium, Borgori Forest and Nocturnal Animals House.
St Paul’s Church
Built in between 1790 and 1833, the place now serves as a venue for top-class events. It was earlier a church
The Museum District
On bank of River Main, it is collection of 12 museums; the main ones being Museum of World Cultures, Museum of Ancient Sculptures & Film Museum.
The 154ft tall Gothic Tower is symbolic of medieval fortification. It is one of the highest city towers in Germany.
Hauptwache, the Palm Garden and the St. Bartholomew's Cathedral are other top attractions of interest here. Touring these places becomes far easier if a car rental from Frankfurt Airport is pre-booked with us. Renting a car adds to traveling convenience, thus making your journey hassle-free. So, book with us today and enjoy your stay here.